This is a picture of me, working away and happy as a clam!
For fun, I work. It's true. But how can you call dreaming up ideas, stories, and drawing pictures, work? If you could see my toes, they'd be tapping.
Hmm...what else might you want to know about me? Yellow and orange are my favorite colors. Daisies are my favorite flower. I like being with my kids who are very funny, and,... secretly,... mining them for material.
Okay! Down to business. Here are some of my recent professional highlights:
- Mad, Mad Bear, a book written and illustrated by me, is being published by Beach Lane Books, (a division of Simon and Schuster). Look for it in 2017!
- Another biggie! I'm illustrating The Class, a picture book by Boni Ashburn for Beach Lane Books, (a division of Simon and Schuster). Look for it in 2016!
- Having my children’s book, Today with Meg and Ted published by Golden Books an imprint of Random House Children’s Books.
- Winning a Mentorship Award at the 2010 SCBWI Conference.
- Winning the Portfolio Showcase at the 2013 SCBWI Editor's Day (OC).
- Landing my dream job at Hatch Design Group, where I learned so much, designed some beautiful spaces, and worked my way to Design Director.
- Launching a greeting card company, Lucky Baby Greetings, which sold cards to really lovely boutique shops like Kate’s Paperie, in NYC, Itoya, in Tokyo, Planet Blue Kids in Malibu, Party on La Cienega and many, many more shops.
- Licensing a CUTE line of baby toys, plush and decor items based on my designs.
Now, I live and work in Claremont, California. I’m surrounded by the people I love, the things I love, a garden I love, a tortoise and bunny I love, and nothing is more inspiring than that.